As you approach your upcoming surgery, you may be experiencing a variety of emotions, such as excitement or anxiety. Ask your board certified plastic surgeon these questions to alleviate worry and achieve positive results.
- Is your surgeon a board-certified plastic surgeon?
- How often has your surgeon performed the procedure you want to have done?
- Does your surgeon provide “before and after” photos of past patients who have undergone the procedure you are considering?
- Where will your surgery take place?
- Does anything regarding your medical history raise concern for your physician?
- When does your surgeon suggest you stop taking your medications?
- If you are alone after surgery does your surgeon have a nurse or a staff member who can be available to take care of you the first evening after surgery?
- If you are traveling, are you required to stay in-town a period of time, post-surgery?
- What are your expectations after surgery?
- What are your surgeon’s expectations after surgery?
- Will your health insurance cover the cost of your procedure?
- Will your health insurance cover the cost of treating a complication following cosmetic surgery?
- Who will pay for the treatment of a post-surgery complication, should you experience one?
- Does your surgeon participate with CosmetAssure?
- How long is the recovery time after surgery?
- When can you return to your normal activities/job?
- When can you start doing physical activity?
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
Dr. Simona Pautler McMurray
CosmetAssure member since 2005